Mosquito Control in Navi Mumbai
Mosquitoes are one of the most common and annoying pests around homes, particularly in summer, due to their painful bites and resulting irritating lumps. They can also carry and transmit diseases such as Ross Rive virus, Dengue fever.
Did You Know?
- Mosquitoes are known from as far back as the Triassic period â€“ 400 million years ago
- There are about 2,700 species of mosquito
- The average mosquito weighs about 2.5 milligrams
- A mosquito flaps its wings 500 times a second
- Mosquitoes have forty-seven teeth. They do not use these to bite humans
- A study showed that a full moon increased mosquito activity 500%
Within India, there are more than 400 different mosquito species but only a small number are of major concern. The common ones belong to Anopheles, Culex, Aedes and Mansonides. These biting insects have a complex life cycle; the immature stage is aquatic and the adult is terrestrial. The adult female returns to a water habitat for a brief period to lay each batch of eggs.
The adult female mosquito will bite to obtain blood, which is necessary for mosquito egg development. They are attracted to moisture, warm and carbon dioxide.
Mosquitoes lay eggs where they can find water such as in gutters, pools, puddles, wetlands or wherever still water is present. The female needs to eat protein for her eggs to develop and human blood is a good source.
So why is your home or business particularly attractive to mosquitoes and how can you be sure of mosquito identification?
- Mosquitoes often make that all-too-familiar high pitched whine.
- Bites are an obvious giveaway, ranging from mildly irritating to intensely inflamed with swelling. Only the female mosquito bites humans, the males will feed off nectar and other sweet things.
- The adults are attracted to standing water including water butts, water trays from house plants and water bowls, where they lay their eggs.
- You might spot them walking upside down on ceilings and glass surfaces.
- Mosquitoes travel a long way so if thereâ€™s standing water within a mile of your home it may be the source of your problems.
- Mosquitoes might be attracted to your lawn or shrubbery if it is well watered.
Targeted Mosquito Treatments
Navi Mumbai Pest solutions Mosquito treatments are aimed at reducing the population of mosquitoes around your home.Â These include:
- Identification of mosquito species and breeding sources
- Approved misting and fogging techniques to specific areas of your property
- Recommendations on how to avoid making your home more attractive to mosquitoes